Setting up the Homepage
The homepage of the Life & Style theme was created with flexibility in mind, so you could customize it any way you'd like. It can be set up as 12 different types of pages:
- Page with left and right sidebar
- Full Width Page
- Contact Page
- Blog Page
Let's get started
The first step is to create a page to serve as your new home page. For the purpose of this example, we'll call it "My New Homepage"
- In your WP control panel, select the Pages tab.
- Click on Add New.
- Give the page a title, "My New Home Page."
- Create the content for your home page.
- Click the Publish button.
Now let's tell Wordpress to use this new page as Homepage:
- In the Settings panel on the left navigation select Reading.
- To change the front page to your new home page, select "A static page" for Front page displays.
- Select "My New Home Page" from the Front page drop down menu.